'The Golden Blackbird of the Celestials' Hand-Sculpted Polymer Clay and Labradorite Necklace - A Unique Piece of Magickal Art Jewelry that glows in the dark
This is a stunning, entirely hand-sculpted, one-of-a-kind polymer clay and labradorite statement piece. I created the light motifs using my own, handmade glow-in-the-dark clay.
This new phosphorescent material I used is is an environmentally friendly alkaline earth aluminate pigment that is non-toxic and non-radioactive. After charging it with a direct source of light, it glows for a few hours (the first 15 minutes are the brightest, then it gradually fades over a period of up to 16 hours).
This is one of our three juried pieces by the Festival of Arts (Laguna Beach) that was selected.
Labradorite, the Gemstone of Magic, the "Temple of the Stars"
The Labradorite has been known for thousands of years and is surrounded by myth. This mystical gemstone said to represent the “temple of the stars”, fell from the frozen fire of the Aurora Borealis (Northern Lights), an ordinary stone that transforms to the extraordinary, shimmering in a mystical light that separates the waking world from unseen realms. It is, in every sense, a Stone of Magic, a crystal of shamans, diviners, healers, and all who travel and embrace the universe seeking knowledge and guidance. For self-discovery, it is excellent for awakening one's own awareness as a soul and it stimulates intuition, telepathy, psychic abilities and past-life recall. [https://www.crystalvaults.com/crystal-encyclopedia/labradorite / modified]
Energies: ♥ Transformative ♥ Calming ♥ Stimulates creativity, imagination and intuition, ♥ Repels negativity and stress ♥
This magical gemstone, with its iridescent flashes of color, can be very beneficial for all chakras. It is especially useful in the upper chakras including the Throat, Third Eye and Crown chakra.
- Labradorite gemstones
- Polymer clay (an outstanding quality polymer clay that is very strong and durable): regular and glow-in-the-dark (handmade)
- Swarovski crystals
- MICA powders
- 14K gold-filled chain
I carefully sculpted, rolled, formed and shaped by hand every small detail you see on this pendant, based on my own design. I didn't use any molds.
After sculpting / adding details, I cured the necklace a couple of times in an oven to harden.
Please note that each color may slightly differ from the photos due to different monitor settings.
- 135 mm wide, 120 mm tall
- total length: 20 inches, adjustable (the width of the pendant is added to the length.)
Handle with care:
- Avoid scratching the surface of the jewelry
Do not drop the piece. The brand of polymer clay we use is very strong: it is not brittle, not fragile, but make sure you don't bend the delicate parts forcefully. You need to be careful with the Swarovski crystals and labradorite gemstones, as those could break.
- Use a soft, moist fabric / damp cloth to gently wipe the surface of the polymer clay. You may also use a soft-bristled toothbrush to clean the textured surfaces.
- Keep it away from high heat
- Take off the piece when showering or swimming (polymer clay itself is waterproof, but the sealer is just water-resistant. A quick wash is not a problem though.
- Please note that polymer clay has a bit of flexibility to it (that is more prominent in hot weather) that is perfectly normal.
We are happy to share our art with you. We hope you'll find pleasure in wizArts! :-)