'Phoenix Rising' - A Piece of Magical Wearable Art
This is a beautiful, entirely hand-sculpted, one-of-a-kind polymer clay necklace, embellished with Swarovski crystals, and adjustable 14K gold-filled chain.
The Phoenix is a powerful spiritual symbol, as it represents immortality, the renewal through transformation. After its "death", the Phoenix regenerates and gains a new life as it arises from its ashes. It overcomes darkness, and as the sun, it "dies" in setting each night, to be reborn in rising again the next morning.
This is one of our three juried pieces by the Festival of Arts (Laguna Beach) that was selected.
- PREMO polymer clay (an outstanding quality polymer clay that is very strong and lightweight)
- Metallic MICA powders
- Swarovski crystal
- 14 karat gold-filled chain
I carefully sculpted, formed, shaped and carved by hand every small detail you see on this pendant, based on my own design. I didn't use any molds.
After sculpting / adding details, I cured the necklace a couple of times to harden, then I added a clear finish to protect the surface of the artwork.
Gradient, metallic gold - orange.
Please note that each color may slightly differ from the photos due to different monitor settings.
- 70 mm wide, 115 mm tall
- total length: 20 inches, adjustable (including the width of the pendant)
Handle with care:
- Avoid scratching the surface of the jewelry
- Do not drop or bend the artwork (please note that while the brand of polymer clay we are using is not fragile, forcefully bending and frequently dropping the piece may result in breaking it.)
- Use a soft, moist fabric / damp cloth to gently wipe the surface of the polymer clay. You may also use a soft-bristled toothbrush to clean the textured surfaces.
- Keep it away from high heat
- Take off the piece when showering or swimming (polymer clay itself is waterproof, but the sealer is just water-resistant. A quick wash is not a problem though.
- Please note that polymer clay has a bit of flexibility to it (that is more prominent in hot weather) that is perfectly normal.
We are happy to share our art with you. We hope you'll find pleasure in wizArts! :-)