"Mizuchi" - A Unique Piece of Magical Wearable Art
This is a stunning, entirely hand-sculpted, one-of-a-kind statement piece.
Mizuchi is a type of Japanese dragon or legendary serpent-like creature, either found in aquatic habitat or otherwise connected to water. Some commentators perceived it to have been a water deity. In olden times pronounced mi-tsu-chi, the word can be broken down to mi "water" + tsu a particle meaning "of" + chi "spirit", so it suggests the meaning of a Water Spirit.
- - PREMO polymer clay (an outstanding quality polymer clay that is very strong and durable)
- Swarovski crystals and drop
- - Labradorite
- - Polymer clay and Czech glass beads
- - Antiqued brass chain
- - Magick
I carefully sculpted by hand every small detail you see on this pendant, based on my own design. I didn't use any molds.
After sculpting / adding details, I cured the necklace a couple of times in an oven to harden, then added a clear coating to protect the surface of the artwork.
Please note that each color may slightly differ from the photos due to different monitor settings.
- 130 mm wide, 105 mm tall (including the Swarovski drop)
- total length: 21 inches, adjustable (including the width of the pendant)
Handle with care:
- Avoid scratching the surface of the jewelry
Do not drop the piece. The brand of polymer clay we use is very strong: it is not brittle, not fragile, but make sure you don't bend the delicate parts forcefully. You need to be careful with the Swarovski crystals, beads, drops and labradorite gemstones, as those could break.
- Use a soft, moist fabric / damp cloth to gently wipe the surface of the polymer clay. You may also use a soft-bristled toothbrush to clean the textured surfaces.
- Keep it away from high heat
- Take off the piece when showering or swimming (polymer clay itself is waterproof, but the sealer is just water-resistant. A quick wash is not a problem though.
- Please note that polymer clay has a bit of flexibility to it (that is more prominent in hot weather) that is perfectly normal.
We are happy to share our art with you. We hope you'll find pleasure in wizArts! :-)