'Blue Moon' - A Unique Piece of Glow-in-the-Dark, Magical Art JewelryABOUT:This is an enchanted, glow-in-the-dark, entirely hand-sculpted, one-of-a-kind polymer clay necklace. It is embellished with rainbow moonstones, Swarovski crystals, beads and drops, and adjustable sterling silver chain. This new phosphorescent material I used is is an environmentally friendly alkaline earth aluminate pigment that is non-toxic and non-radioactive. To glow, it needs to be charged with any source of direct light. The first 15 minutes are the brightest, then the glow gradually fades over a period of a few hours. MATERIALS:
PROCEDURE:For this piece, I used my own, handmade glow-in-the-dark clay (2 colors: aqua and green). I carefully sculpted, rolled, formed and shaped by hand every small detail you see on this pendant, without using any molds.After sculpting/adding details, I cured the necklace a couple of times in an oven to harden, then I added a clear finish to protect the surface of the artwork.COLORS:Please note that each color may slightly differ from the photos due to different monitor settings.SIZE:Pendant: - 40 mm wide, 65 mm tall (including the Swarovski drop)Chain:- total length: 19 1/2 inches, adjustable (including the width of the pendant)CARE INSTRUCTIONS:
- - Our handmade glow-in-the-dark polymer clay (aqua blue and green)
- - Rainbow moonstones
- - Swarovski crystals, beads and drops
- - Metallic MICA powders
- - Sterling silver chain
- - Magick
Handle with care:
- Avoid scratching the surface of the jewelry
- Do not drop the piece. The brand of polymer clay we use is very strong: it is not brittle, not fragile, but make sure you don't bend the delicate parts forcefully. You need to be careful with the Swarovski crystals, drops, beads and moonstones, as those could break.
- Keep the piece away from perfume, hairspray, deodorant, nail polish
- Use regular jewelry cleaner for the metal parts
- Use a soft, moist fabric / damp cloth to gently wipe the surface of the polymer clay. You may also use a soft-bristled toothbrush to clean the textured surfaces.
- Keep it away from high heat
- Take off the piece when showering or swimming (polymer clay itself is waterproof, but the sealer is just water-resistant. A quick wash is not a problem though.
- Please note that polymer clay has a bit of flexibility to it (that is more prominent in hot weather) that is perfectly normal.
We are happy to share our art with you. We hope you'll find pleasure in wizArts! :-)